I know, I know another cleanser and it is a balm at that but I had heard great things about Oskia and it was time to give them a try…
This one was a thicker feel than the usual tubs I go for and had a slight grainy formula, which I believe are intended to very gently exfoliate your skin. It also had a completely different using process – smooth it all over (mind your eye area) and massage slightly. What I found was unlike that oily gliding feel you get with most balms, this did not happen and to begin with I was not sure if I liked it but by the end I felt the product worked pretty well!
Now for the slightly different using technique (one that I think worked better than other alternatives and made it easier to remove) by adding the smallest amount of water you create a small cloud of white foam which is followed by washing the product off with water. After, I still did my usual of gently wiping damp cotton pads over, as I don’t want any of that pesky dirt and daily grime to be left on if I can help it.
One tip I will pass onto you is before you open the cap to squeeze it out, give the whole tub a quick massage to mix the ingredients, you know just like you would give your ketchup bottle a quick shake otherwise you end up with a watery leak at the beginning that nobody loves!
It took my skin a little time to adjust to the new form of balm but that’s no different to normal and it lasted a good few months, which I was praying for as it is slightly higher price wise than some others with a tag of £32 (not going to break the bank but equally not something you want to be scrapping the last little bits from the bottom within a week).
The winning ingredients in here are:
- MSM, the most bio-available form of sulphur, supports collagen production and keeps skin strong, supple and porous.
- Rejuvenating natural Vitamin A from Rosehip Seed oil encourages cellular synthesis and collagen production.
- Vitamin E protects against free-radicals.
- Vitamins A, B & E, from Sweet Almond Oil, boosts general skin health, deeply hydrates and helps relieve dry or irritated skin.
- Gentle Coconut cleanses and removes impurities.
- A special bio-available Zinc-Glycine Mineral Complex purifies, supports healing, soothes irritation and reduces redness
- Phytosterols, Triglycerides and Omegas-3, 6 and 9, (from Kukui nut oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba and Sesame seed oil) boost lipid content and repair the skin’s barrier function to restore softness and elasticity.
And that’s only the beginning… This cleanser is filled with endless good stuff for your skin!
I removed the cleanser by firstly foaming it up with water (as previously mentioned) then using damp large cotton pads to remove the rest. Finally just quickly splashing my face with some water to make sure every last bit is removed and voila a perfectly nourished facial area! I really felt like my skin loved this cleanser and I would highly recommend it to someone especially if you do not love the really oily feel of some other balms.